One SEO professional asked John Mueller in a hangout about a large e-commerce site.
They wanted to know how to improve the quality of the entire site overall.
For e-commerce, they are not sure about how to improve the quality of that type of site.
John explained that he doesn’t believe there is really just one trick that you can do.
However, he did mention that some things that you can focus on could be product reviews, and making sure they are improved since the product reviews update.
But there isn’t really one solution. John believes it would be tricky.
Additionally, John also mentioned the following:
- Improving the quality of the reviews that people leave on the site,
- Do a user study using reviewers who are not familiar with the site to get as objective of the feedback that you possibly can,
- John mentioned a blog post they authored some time back about five years ago – Questions to Ask to Improve the Quality of Your Site. He believes these questions are still worth answering,
- Also, make sure you do a link building campaign,
- But he also really emphasized working with real people on a user study to find out where the quality is lacking.
John said that the perception of users is significant enough that Google can pick up on this and use it for ranking as well.
This happens at approximately the 22:19 mark in the video.